What is a Field Marketing Organization (FMO)?
4/13/2021 · 1 min read
A life insurance Field Marketing Organization (FMO) is non-company affiliated organization that contracts with an insurance company to perform distribution, recruit agents and other marketing functions for one or more of the company's products or product lines. Also known as Independent Marketing Organizations (IMO), they market, sell, and distribute insurance products.
Many FMOs provide a variety of services to producers and agencies they serve including:
- Dedicated sales consultants to provide direction for the best product fit
- Training and education to sell products
- Application and quoting help
- Case management to oversee the insurance sales process
- Marketing strategies and materials for clients
- Tools to assist with sales, quotes, and applications
- Provide competitive products from multiple highly rated insurance carriers for independent producers
- Offer additional lines of insurance including Life Insurance, Long Term Care Insurance, Disability Insurance, and Annuities
- Appoints producers and agencies with carriers
- Provides the same commissions as being directly appointed with insurance carriers but with additional benefits
Life Insurance Field Marketing Organizations are dedicated to meeting the distribution, marketing, and administrative needs of independent insurance producers and agencies alike.